Information to the Market - Clarification request from CVM - IRB follow-on
CLARIFICATION REQUEST 73/2019/CVM/SEP/GEA-1
March 7th, 2019
Mr. Werner Romera Süffert
Investor Relations Officer
BB Seguridade Participações S.A.
Address: Rua Alexandre Dumas, n.º 1671 Térreo, Ala B
Chácara Sto Antônio, São Paulo - SP
ZIP CODE 04717-903
Phone: (11) 4297-0730
Subject: Clarification request related to news published in press
1. An article published by the newspaper Valor Econômico on March 6th, 2019, under the title “BB Seguros quer vender fatia no IRB em oferta pública” (BB Seguridades wants to dispose IRB shares through a public offering), reports, among other information, that Banco do Brasil has decided to sell the economic stake in IRB which is held through BB Seguros, and that BB Seguros is intended to dispose the investment to focus on its core business which is to sell insurance in the bancassurance channel (full content of the news available only in Portuguese).
2. We request clarification on the topic regarding to its veracity, and if positive we would like you to explain the reasons why you have understood that this was not a material fact, besides other information you think are relevant.
3. We would like also to remind the obligation to enquire the management, the controlling shareholder and any other person with access to material facts aiming to find out if anyone had knowledge of information that should have been disclosed to the market before.
4. The response shall be released through Empresas.NET system, category: Information to the Market, type: Clarification to CVM/B3 requests, topic: News published in press, which must contain the transcription of this request.
5. We warn you that if you do not comply with this request you will be subject of R$1,000.00 fine and other penalties.
RESPONSE TO THE CLARIFICATION REQUEST
March 7th, 2019
Brazilian Securities and Exchange Comission
Superintendence of Relations with Companies
Sra. Nilza Maria Silva de Oliveira
c.c.: B3 – Brasil, Bolsa, Balcão
Subject: Clarification to the Notification 73/2019/CVM/SEP/GEA-1
In response to the clarification request aforementioned regarding to the news published by the newspaper Valor Econômico, on March 6th, 2019, under the title “BB Seguros quer vender fatia no IRB em oferta pública”, we hereby clarify that, contrary to what was reported, it was not taken any decision by the management of BB Seguridade on the disposal of IRB Brasil-RE shares.
In addition, the controlling shareholder, Banco do Brasil S.A., when enquired by BB Seguridade, informed that there is no deliberation within that institution aiming to guide BB Seguridade to proceed with the disposal of the stake in IRB Brasil-RE.
In this context, BB Seguridade understands that there is no act which would lead to the disclosure of material fact as set forth in CVM Rule no. 358/2002.
Finally, BB Seguridade reinforces its commitment to transparency and equal treatment to information disclosure.
Werner Romera Süffert