Material Fact - IRB
Pursuant to § 4 of Article 157 of Law 6,404, dated December 15th, 1976, to CVM (Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission) Regulation 358, dated January 3rd, 2002, and to Conselho Nacional de Desestatização (“CND”) Resolutions 3/2011 and 3/2013, dated April 7th, 2011 and January 16th, 2013, respectively; Banco do Brasil S.A. (“Banco do Brasil”) and BB Seguridade Participações S.A. ("BB Seguridade") hereby inform that in addition to the Material Facts released by both companies on 05.24.2013, and the material facts released by Banco do Brasil on 10.15.2009 and on 11.26.2012:
1. In the Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting ("ESM") held on 08.20.2013, the shareholders of IRB-Brasil Resseguros S.A. (“IRB”) decided to ratify the capital increase of the IRB, which was approved by the ESM held on 06.07.2013;
2. The ESM for the ratification of the IRB's capital increase was a precedent condition for BB Seguros Participações S.A. ("BB Seguros"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of BB Seguridade, to pay the amount of R$ 547,408,917.00, for the acquisition of 212,421 common shares issued by IRB and held by the Federal Government;
3. Satisfied the precedent conditions, BB Seguros paid the Federal Government today, and now holds 20.5% of the economics of the IRB;
4. The acquisition of the stake in the IRB was approved by the Conselho Administrativo da Defesa Econômica – Cade, and the effectiveness of the above acts will be subject to the approval by the Tribunal de Contas da União – TCU, and subsequent approval of the capital increase by the Superintendência de Seguros Privados – Susep;
5. Additional facts, considered material, will be promptly released to the market.
Brasília (DF), August 27, 2013.
Banco do Brasil S.A. BB Seguridade Participações S.A.
Ivan de Souza Monteiro Leonardo Giuberti Mattedi