This Policy guides the behavior of BB Seguridade Participações S.A. and its subsidiaries, BB Seguros Participações S.A. and BB Corretora de Seguros e Administradora de Bens S.A., which, together, will be referred as “BB Seguridade”.
Get to know the other BB Seguridade´s affiliated in Group Companies page.
This policy was last updated and has been in effect since August 21th, 2020.
Who does this Policy apply to?
This policy is for you, whether you are a customer, employee, user, shareholder, person who relates to BB Seguridade or if you are just visiting our website.
Our affiliated companies have their own privacy policies, which can be accessed here.
Secrecy is very important to us!
The confidentiality of your information and your privacy are very important for BB Seguridade. When you come to us, use our services or purchase our products, we take the necessary precautions to ensure the confidentiality, protection and proper use of your personal data.
BB Seguridade adopts the best security practices to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data collected, adopting protection mechanisms against misuse, unauthorized access attempts, fraud, damage, sabotage and theft.
We are transparent with you! As a data processing agent, we determine how and why we use your personal data and, if you want, you can have access to that information.
We are committed to protecting the data we collect and use, ensuring the ethical, transparent and responsible treatment of your personal data, throughout its life cycle.
When and how do we collect your data?
In some situations, you provide us with your personal data, in others, they are obtained directly by BB Seguridade.
You provide us with your data when:
- get in touch with our service channels;
- uses or contracts any of our products or services; and
- participates in promotions coordinated by the company.
We collect your data when:
- you browse our website.
What do we use your data for?
The information collected by BB Seguridade is used only for legitimate and lawful purposes and related to our activity, always observing current legislation and good market practices. Thus, we seek:
- to offer products and services suited to your consumption profile;
- to improve your satisfaction with us;
- to provide a better experience with BB Seguridade and services provided;
- to comply with legal requirements (such as: laws, regulations and resolutions); and
- meet your needs and expectations as a customer, partner, employee, shareholder or user of our products and services.
BB Seguridade takes care of your data
Our processes are constantly adequate to use only the necessary information.
We repudiate and do not authorize the processing of data for discriminatory, illegal or abusive purposes.
We disseminate the culture of secrecy, privacy and data protection throughout the organization through a permanent awareness and training program.
We monitor the use of personal data and analyze suspicions of undue treatment from a legal and disciplinary point of view.
We have incident response and business continuity plans, which are constantly updated.
We have adopted internal processes and policies that ensure compliance with standards and good practices regarding the protection of personal data.
Know your rights
You have rights over your personal information and our intention is to ensure respect for your interests and maintain an ethical, responsible and diligent relationship with you. That way, you can, upon request, exercise the following rights:
- confirmation of the existence of data processing and access to data;
- correction of data that is incomplete, incorrect or outdated;
- anonymizing, blocking or deleting unnecessary, excessive or non-conforming data with the provisions of the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (“Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados” or “LGPD”);
- data portability to another supplier of products or services;
- information from public and private entities with which we share data;
- information about the possibility of not giving consent and about the consequences of the refusal, when applicable;
- request for revocation and / or deletion of the personal data treated with the consent, except in the cases in which the maintenance of the data is necessary or permitted by law;
- opposition to treatment based on one of the hypotheses of exemption from consent, in case of non-compliance with the provisions of the LGPD; and
- request for information regarding the criteria and procedures for automated decision and review of those decisions, if any, in the form disciplined by the LGPD.
Third parties that process your data
Your personal data may be shared with third parties only in the following situations provided for by the LGPD and other applicable laws:
- with companies in the same Economic Conglomerate, especially with Banco do Brasil S.A. and with companies affiliated to BB Seguridade;
- with suppliers and partners to carry out the services and business contracted with BB Seguridade to carry out its activities;
- in compliance with the legal and regulatory obligation, for the regular exercise of rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings or in order to comply with the decision of an administrative or judicial authority.
When we share data with third parties, including with companies in the Economic Conglomerate, we only share the data that is necessary to carry out the activities and in accordance with safeguards and good practices.
In the event that the data is processed outside the Brazilian territory, we take all necessary measures to ensure that brazilian laws are observed.
Use of tools such as Google Advertising ID or Analytics
Some shares with third parties are due to the use of new technologies, such as Google Advertising or Analytics, where data is used on the way you browse our website. We guarantee that no transactional data is shared.
This data is used to offer you a more adequate offer, determine whether our solutions meet your needs and better understand your expectations so that we can improve our products and services.
Cookies are small text files generated during your Internet browsing, which are used by us for authentication, security and personalization of care.
Banco do Brasil’s website, www.bb.com.br, www.bb.com.br, has information on security products and services. At this address, we may use “session” cookies, which means that they are deleted when you leave the site or “persistent” cookies that are not deleted and help us to recognize you when you return to the site. That way, we can offer you a personalized product or service.
If you wish, you can block cookies directly in your browser, preventing them from being created. You can also delete cookies already saved through the browser settings you use. But be aware: if you disable, reject or block cookies, certain parts of our website may not work properly.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO) INFORMATION
The Executive Superintendent of Governance, Risks and Compliance, Fernanda de Figueiroa Freitas, is the DPO of BB Seguridade.
The communication channel with the DPO, for receiving suggestions, criticisms, clarifications and other procedures provided for in the LGPD, is the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS’ SERVICE
BB Seguridade is part of the Banco do Brasil Conglomerate and shares Banco Brasil’s structure and resources to carry out part of its activities. This includes sharing systems that handle personal data and the use of Banco do Brasil’s service channels.
Banco do Brasil has channels for meeting the rights of data subjects related to the LGPD. Thus, if you are a customer of BB, your service can be done through the following channels:
- In the BB Portal, the My Privacy área; or
- In the BB mobile app, after login and password, go to “Profile> My privacy.
DIRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH RELATED COMPANIES
If you a aquired any products or services provided by BB Seguridade´s related companies through other than Banco do Brasil´s channels, or if you want to exercise the rights provided for in the LGPD regarding your personal data processed exclusevily by these companies, below are the links with the orientation for each company: